This basically is what happens next:
Travel Certificate needs to be issued, which can normally take about a week.
Landon has to have a Visa Physical with an outside doctor.
Visa Interview must take place-Landon has to have his picture made for his Visa!
the Packet3 must be returned to the US-this is a packet of all the above information
We should be 3-4 weeks from receiving our travel call (or less!). God has completely led us through every step of this process and has been so good to us. This step was completed MUCH faster than I thought and I guess I'm just a little bit overwhelmed at this point! We have several more things we need to do to prepare for Landon to come home. We just got our fire ladder in the mail yesterday, we still need to build a gate for the top of our back deck, and we need to find someone that knows how to install a car seat in the car!! I need to finish buying our gifts for the foster family, drivers, and tour guide. I have a shower this Saturday being thrown by my 2 very best friends. I'm so excited! My mom planned a second shower in May, but I think we're going to postpone that one until Landon comes home now since we don't know when to expect our travel call. I'm going shopping with a friend next week to finish up the gifts. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Landon will be home before we know it!!!
Fabulous day!! Just think, you could be celebrating your first Mother's Day with your baby boy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! don't worry about about what you haven't got finished....it will be there when you get back- you have love to give, food, shelter.....he will never notice any of the other little things that are not ready :-)
ReplyDeleteI was a nut case at this point! Get your things done now if you want! I had most everything ready and I loved coming home to IT ALL! Believe me, when you get that Travel Call, it's a whirlwind blur from that point on! Congrats mama, almost there! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! So happy things are moving right along for you guys! As for carseats, if you have any questions about yours being installed correctly I believe a police office or firefighter can check it for you.
ReplyDelete