us

us

Monday, November 8, 2010

Questionnaires Done....

Okay, so I just officially sent in our questionnaires for little sweetie. Let me back up just a little bit. About a month ago, we saw a little boy on our agency's photolisting. The photolisting is for babies and children with special needs who have not yet found their families. We reviewed his file with our pediatrician and decided that we want to pursue adopting him. What happens, is you request a child's file and receive all of their medical and social information about that child. You take it to a pediatrician to review and then you can decide if you'd like to proceed to adopt or decline that child's file. Once how ever many families have declared interest, the process "goes to committee." This means that you fill out a bunch of questionnaires on why you want to adopt this child, how you will deal with adopting a child of a different race, and how you will deal with that child's needs, etc. The next step after all questionnaires are turned in, is a phone interview with each family. I have heard this is not for the faint of heart and can be very awkward. Then the case goes to a committee, who decides which family best matches that child's needs. Needless to say, I am super nervous and my stomach is in knots! I am praying so hard for this little boy and his future. I hope that his future will include us. I'm praying that God's will be done in his life though and if we're not his family, that he goes to an awesome family that will love him and make sure that he is very well taken care of. Please continue to pray for us in this process!



No comments:

Post a Comment