We get asked so often, "Why are you adopting? Why from another country? Why not here?"
Those are hard questions.
I wish it was as simple to just say, because we want to.
There are over 140 million orphans in this world. Over 70 million of those orphans are in Asia alone. There are over 140 million children and teenagers that do not have a forever family and a parent to tuck them in at night or tell them that they love them. That's not okay with God and that's not okay with me. My heart breaks for each and every one of these children. We have prayed long and hard about adopting. God has led us to Asia to adopt. Each and every person is called by God to defend the widows and orphans. Whether it be to adopt, sponsor, or pray for those children. You can help in some way or another.
I have seen so many people that have adopted and seen what happens when those children are home. They are loved and they thrive. They receive the inheritance of sons and daughters. They learn how to love, trust, and a lot of them are saved and accept Jesus into their lives. They may not have ever had that chance to know our father if they were never brought into a loving home that wants to teach them about Jesus. We are all adopted into God's family.
Every child deserves a home. Every child deserves to have a chance to meet their full potential. They need someone to tuck them in at night, to tell them they love them, to celebrate their birthday each year, to make them a favorite meal, to read to them, to cheer them on at whatever it is they decide to do in life.
I am so thankful that God has laid adoption on our hearts so heavily. I look at the photolistings on our agency's website daily. Those faces are with me every day. I pray for each and every one of them and cannot get those faces out of my head. I want each of them to have a home, a mom, a dad, a good life. Things that we all take for granted each and every day. Please pray for those children.
No comments:
Post a Comment