us

us

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Trying to catch up....

I am definitely not a good blogger. I have such a hard time making time to blog. It seems I've gotten worse instead of better. I'm really going to try to start keeping up a little better. We really hope that our foster family is still following along, so that they can see Landon growing. We sent pictures and a letter to them a couple of weeks ago. I included our blog address, hoping that they are still following along.

We've been working around the house the past few days, (by we, I mean me) trying to get spring cleaning done. I'm trying to get a bit of organization going and hoping we can keep the house in some sort of clean and manageable state. We're gathering lots of clothes, toys, and just STUFF up this weekend when we do our major spring clean so that we can have a big yard sale in a couple of weeks. Landon has SO many toys and while he tries to play with them all, we are just running out of space for everything. We're going to try to sort through those and hopefully clear a few out. He's also outgrown almost all of his 12 month clothes.  He still has a few pairs of jeans that fit, so we'll hang onto those a bit longer. He's pretty much in all 18 month clothes now, with some occassional 12 month jeans and every once in awhile a 24 month shirt.

We're currently in the process of planning our next family vacation. We're headed back to the great Walt Disney World in a couple of months. I can't wait to head back. Landon had such a great time when we went in January. We'll probably try to do 2 more trips this year, then next year a couple of trips to WDW & we're thinking about taking a Disney cruise.

Landon is finally starting to talk more. He's been able to say basic words since about 2-3 months after coming home, but he's finally starting to talk more. He completely understands what we are saying, asking, or talking about, he's just stubborn about actually SAYING the word. I want to keep track of some of the things he's doing and likes/dislikes, so I figured I'd note a few of those on the blog. Currently:

  • Loves his daddy. He is definitely a daddy's boy
  •  He's really not very picky about eating.
  • He loves meat and vegetables.
  • Potatoes and breads, not as much.
  • He LOVES popsicles, not crazy about ice cream though.
  • Eats very few sweets, but mainly likes M&Ms and an occassional piece of chocolate when he does.
  • He hates to get anything on his hands.
  • Loves to wash his hands. 
  • LOVES to be outside.
  • Loves all the typical boy things. Cars, dinosaurs, trains, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, basketball
  • Loves water and bath time is a favorite
  • He loves to help around the house, which is why I've not finished with my spring cleaning yet.
  • Loves to be LOUD
Here are a few recent pictures of him that I pulled from my cell phone :


Llama Llama Red Pajama: Story time with daddy


Big boy bed conversion


Slam dunk with some help from daddy


This boy loves all things outdoor


strong man!


Just a swingin'


Slam dunk! All by myself!


Silly faces with Daddy


New rain boots


watching a movie while having dinner


Celebrating national platypus day


Popsicle mouth


just a rockin'



2 comments:

  1. Keeping a blog up is very hard to do! Aiden and Landon have so much in common! They are certainly "All Boy". Love that! I'm still hoping for a chance meeting some day soon. Would love to get these two boys together! Good luck with the spring cleaning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do!!!! Maybe we can plan a trip to Nashville one weekend this summer and meet up!

      Delete