We need to thank God not only for all the doors he opens for us, but also for all the doors that he closes. She said everything bad in life happens for a reason and I honestly believe that. God has our lives layed out and sometimes bad things happen to lead us to the path we're meant to take. These bad things make us stronger & turn us in different directions from the path we're currently on. I remember last year a month before Christmas, Eric & I had fertility treatments and had tried IUI (intra-uterine insemination). We found out on 12/22 that it didn't work. On 12/23 Landon was born. At the time, I was so frustrated, hurt, upset, and questioning why that this was happening to us. Why had we been trying for 5 years to have a baby, and why could we not get pregnant like everyone around us? I was so jealous and so full of hate. It hurt. That door was being closed. Right as another one was opened the very next day. It took a lot of prayers and we had to take time to heal from the hurt and pain that we had experienced during those years of infertility.
A year later, we have a sweet, beautiful baby boy waiting on us to come get him on the other side of the world. And we're working on that as quickly as we possibly can. I am so thankful that God closed one door and opened another for us. It doesn't take blood or DNA to be a parent. That's the last thing that would make a parent. I know that we have some family members and friends that feel differently about that, but all we can do is pray that God will touch their hardened hearts and make them understand that we are called to care for the orphan and it's not "wrong" to adopt. We will raise Landon in a Christian home and make sure that we always teach him about Jesus. We ask that our friends and family continue to pray for us and for other members of our family as we continue this journey. I am so thankful that God blessed this broken road that has led us to our beautiful son.
Love your post Heather! So true! Landon IS so lucky to have you two as parents and you are sooo lucky to have him! You'll be one SPECIAL family! Very soon my friend, keep the faith, you will have your SON home! {{{Hugs}}} to you my friend!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your little boy! I think adoption is wonderful not only for loving parents who cannot have a baby the "normal" way (who cares about normal!) and for sweet babies who need a home!
ReplyDelete