us

us

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Landon turns 4!!!

Wow. Time is flying by so, so fast and our boy is growing more and more each day. When I look back at pictures from his first Christmas to this most recent one, I am amazed at how much he has changed and grown. He is the sweetest, kindest, most amazing little boy ever and I am so blessed to be his momma and be able to watch him grow. I love this child with everything that is in me and I am so thankful for him. 

The night before his birthday, It was already December 23rd in Seoul & we said a special prayer for two very special women. Each year we light two candles and pray that two women on the other side of the World know that the son we share is happy, healthy, oh so smart, & an amazing little man. To the woman who carried him for 9 months and gave him life, thank you. I can never thank you enough for this wonderful child. And To the woman who cared for him for the first 16 months of his life, thank you for being an amazing umma to our sweet boy and loving him as your own.



For his birthday this year, we took him to Pigeon Forge for the day. He woke up to balloons in the hallway and we got ready and headed out early. We met Santa (after a 2 hour, 20 minute wait) at Bass Pro Shop. 






We had been asking him for weeks where he wanted to go out to eat for his special day and he chose.....Red Lobster. I find it so funny that he was SO adamant about eating there. We've never taken him there before. In fact, Eric & I have never even mentioned Red Lobster to him before. Apparently he's seen a commercial on tv or something that intrigued him and made him want to go. So to Red Lobster for lunch we went. We had planned on going to Dollywood that day as well, but with rain and 43 degree weather, we decided against it. We ended up spending about 3 hours in Bass Pro Shop doing things, then went to lunch, shopped a bit, then came home. 

The hostess at Red Lobster took one of the Lobsters from the tank and showed us that they can color with the crayons too. :) 



This next picture was after I traumatized our poor son. He kept saying he wanted one of the lobsters to take home as a pet. I tried explaining that they aren't pets and he kept begging. I then said those in the tank up front are for people to eat. Ouch. Wrong thing to say to a newly turned 4 year old who is now super sensitive. He's been especially sensitive lately and is crazy over all animals. I think that's normal for kids, but the poor guy just bawls when the commercials come on about all of the starving animals in the world needing homes and food. Sweet boy. But he thinks we should bring them all home to live with us. :)  When I also explained to him that those lobsters could snap his little fingers right off he said "Uh Mommy, get one of the ones with the covers on them." Smart kid. 



We had his 4th birthday party just yesterday and thankfully it went well. It was sort of a last minute, thrown together deal, so I thankful we pulled it off. I wanted to order his birthday cake, but I had waited too late and the cost was ridiculous that some places were asking for. I didn't want to settle for a sheet cake from Walmart or Sams, so I decided to bring out all my old cake pans and make it myself. It took me a couple of days and about 7 hours or so total, but I got it made and we delivered it to the party successfully. It tasted good and Landon was happy with it, so that's all that mattered to me. We are so very thankful for all of the friends and family that came to his party. We are very blessed with some amazing family members and great friends that are just like family. Here are some pictures from his celebration. 

My sweet hubby was amazing as always, and helped me so much with the cake. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment