I sit here and still can't believe that it's already been a year.... I can't believe that a year ago today, our lives were forever changed. We became a family of 3. The joy that you have brought to our lives is simply something that I just cannot put into words. Our home is full of more love and happiness than we ever thought was possible. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for you. Just as last year, not a day passed that I didn't pray you were safe and that you would soon be home with us. 12 whole months have passed and yet it seems that you've always been here with us. You fit so perfectly into our family. And you've yet to meet a person that doesn't fall in love with you right away. You are my greatest blessing and a dream come true. You are the piece of me that had been missing for many years. You are an amazing little boy. And ALL boy at that! You love to be loud. You are (finally) loving dirt! You love dinosaurs, cars, trucks, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, all sports, bubbles, and all things noisy. You are a total fish when it comes to water. And a complete and total daddy's boy. You love your daddy like no other and he feels the exact same way about you. I absolutely love to see the two of you together. You are so smart and so independent. You want to do it all! You can watch us do something one time, and then you can do it from then on by yourself! Your laughter is simply the sweetest sound I've ever heard and when you cry, it breaks my heart. You amaze me more and more each and every day. And as much as I didn't want to admit it, while the wait for you was agonizing, it all completely melted away and was a thing of the past from the moment I finally held you in my arms. I look forward to watching you grow and seeing the man that you become. I am so thankful that God chose me to be your mommy. You can read my thoughts from the night before here, and pictures of our first couple of days together here and here.
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be,
Mommy
Our first moments....















No comments:
Post a Comment