us

us

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our Happy Place....

Well, we've returned from vacation and unfortunately tomorrow, it's back to reality. I always dread returning to work after vacation. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have a job, I just wish mine was one that I could actually look forward to.

Anyways, we had an AMAZING vacation. Seeing Disney through my son's eyes was everything I hoped it would be and more. He LOVED it. He had such a great time. It was challenging at times. We're going through the 2-year old stuff right now, but he did amazingly well there and was a perfect angel on the drive down and the drive back, which was 10+ hours. I was very proud of him. He rode every single ride that he was tall enough to ride and loved them all. This child has no fear! He wasn't quiet sure what to think of the characters, but there were no tears at all over the characters. He has started talking quiet a bit more while we were gone too. Seems he discovered it gets him what he wants. Haha! We went to all 4 of the Disney parks while we were there. It was in the mid-80s and sunny every single day. In January. We aren't used to that! Luckily we packed shorts and t-shirts as well as jeans and sweatshirts. We stayed at Disney's Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary Resort. This resort was AMAZING. We absolutely loved it. We were a bit spoiled being about 200 yards away from the Magic Kingdom and just being able to walk right over. We splurged on this trip to stay there. We'll probably be back to value and moderate resorts by our next trip! Nothing wrong with that, but we were very spoiled this time. We wanted Landon's trip to be memorable and a great experience and since most of our time was spent at the Magic Kingdom, it made sense to stay very close. We have a wonderful, sweet friend & cast member for Disney who really went above and beyond and helped us out this trip with our room, tickets, and shopping. She helped make it the most memorable Disney experience we've ever had. I can't wait until we go back. At this time, we're not sure if we'll go back in the spring or not, but we are definitely going in October with my family. I can't wait!

We met some great new friends while we were there as well. When we were in the adoption process, another family was along the same "timeline" as we were. They brought home their sweet daughter Avery a couple of years ago and traveled at the same time we did to bring home their adorable son, Michael. At the time, we had no idea that Michael & Landon had more in common. When we received pictures of their tol, we discovered that Michael and Landon were born 8 days apart and that they celebrated their first birthdays together. Well, Jenny & I have been in contact on Facebook since we traveled to Korea. She had a picture of the boys together and when I found out she lived in FL and very close to Disney, we discussed meeting up whenever we were able to vacation there. We spent a great day with them and the kids immediately hit it off! We got some great pictures and had a wonderful time with them. I love that Landon was able to meet back up with Michael and those pictures and memories will be forever cherished. I hope that we can continue meeting up with them when we visit Disney on future trips!

It was so very hard to leave my happy place. We absolutely love Disney and being able to take Landon was such a blessing. I had posted on facebook about our trip and had posted this picture and the following:




"THIS is what it's about. THIS is why we are at Disney. I've waited for years and years for this trip. So many people have asked us about Disney because we go so often. We try to go 2-3 times a year. I love nothing more than answering questions and helping people plan trips. I could talk all day long about my love for Disney. But THIS. THIS is what I've waited my life for. ♥ To see Disney through my child's eyes. People say ALL the time, "Oh, I want to wait until my children are older" or "well, they are too young to remember it, so we want to wait." Not us, we knew from the time we wanted to have children that we would take them to Disney as immediately as possible. We LOVE this place. This is OUR happy place. Yes, he may not remember every moment, but WE will. And we have pictures & memories to cherish for the rest of our lives. We hope to continue many, many more Disney trips/memories from this point forward with our little family. At our happy place... "

Here are three more of our favorite pics from our trip as well as our vacation video that I've spent literally hours and hours on today. I was going to upload more than 3 pics, but it took 45 minutes to get these to upload. Blogger stinks. I'm about ready to switch to another blogspot.












1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love all the pictures! Your family trip sounds so amazing! What special memories you will have that last a life time! (or until you go back!) :) Congrats lady on your dream come true. :)

    ReplyDelete