us
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Thankful....
I sit here in tears (again). I wanted to share this video that some of my friends have posted. I also feel so very blessed to call MaryLeigh Brown a friend. I am so very thankful that God knew exactly who to put in our path on our adoption journey. I know that we are one of many families who, by either meeting, or following along with MaryLeigh and Nick's journey to Bates (and Brodie) were encouraged to take a leap of faith and adopt. I thought adoption was so far out of reach. But when God has a plan for you. HE will see it through. You just have to have faith and see it through. I absolutely cannot imagine life without our sweet Landon. He is an absolute dream come true and I too cannot believe that God chose me to be momma to this sweet child. If God has laid adoption on your heart, please listen to Him. By either adopting, sponsoring a child, or fostering. And please know, adoption is NOT out of reach. With Christ, all things are possible. I used to sit on the computer every.single.day before we started the adoption process and look at blogs and research adoption. I would see all of the families that were created through adoption and I knew that this is what was meant for our family. I cried day after day that one day I would be a momma. It took a big step in faith for us. Eric took a little longer to convince that we would be able to afford it. But God provided. He showed us that as long as we listened to Him, that he would provide. And today, I have an adorable, sweet, outgoing, loud 2 year old. I can't imagine life any other way. We hope to again grow our family bigger through adoption. And without sponsors, foster care, grants, etc. a lot of families like ours, may not have been able to afford adoption either. (Our sweet boy had several sponsors before he came home as well and was in a wonderful, wonderful foster family).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment