us

us

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I love my boy......

One year ago, we had applied to Holt and were busily purchasing girly clothes, bows, and shoes. When we filled out our initial application, we had listed "girl" as our preference. I dreamed about dressing my daughter up in dresses, girly clothes, bows, and playing dolls with her and having tea parties. I dreamed about the day that we would take her on that first trip to Disney World and to the bippity boppity boutique to dress our little princess up. Eric dreamed of having a daddy's little girl. Eric & I had a trip planned to Disney the week before our first home study was scheduled. What happened on that trip changed everything.

When we arrived at Disney, we had agreed to only purchase gender neutral toys and clothes, just in case. While we were there, I received an email from one of the girls at Holt. She had said that she was a little concerned about our application. She was afraid that with us listing a girl and the few special needs we had listed that we were open to, that we may be in for a long wait or may not even see a child that matched our profile come through the program. She had said there was really a great need for families open to boys in the Korea program. She emailed us the profile of the children that they normally saw come through the Korea program and also advised us of a couple other country programs that we might be interested in that matched the our profile.

That same night, I told Eric that we really needed to pray about things. I had no idea that there was such a great need for families to be open to boys. The next day Eric said that we definitely should be open to a child of either gender. I was thrilled. I bought a baby blue My First Mickey shirt that very day! Haha! Just 2 weeks after we returned home from vacation, we saw Landon's face for the first time. I'm almost ashamed that we weren't even considering a boy to begin with. But God knew.

I could absolutely not imagine my life without this precious little boy. He is my absolute life. I'm glad that God knows what he's doing and placed this perfect child into our lives. And I know for an absolute fact that I don't think life could be any more fun than with a toddler boy! I could go on and on and on, but here are 10 of my favorite things about being a boy mom:

*That laugh! He has the best belly laugh ever and I love nothing more than to hear him laugh.

*He can be loud. He loves to hear himself echo and every time we go anywhere he can holler and hear himself, he's a happy boy. Especially Sam's club. Ha!

*Boy clothes!! I always thought that girls had THE CUTEST clothes ever and that boys just got the shaft. Well, I was wrong. My boy has quiet the wardrobe. He has a TON of clothes and is as cute as they come in every single thing he owns. Especially overalls! There's nothing cuter. Period.

*Playing dump trucks, blocks, bulldozers, buzz lightyear, cars, trucks, four-wheeler, in the tunnel, in the tent, in the dirt, with mickey mouse, it doesn't matter. Boy toys sure are fun and beat the socks off of a tea party or dolls any day! I love all his noisy, fun toys and would much rather spend my days playing at home with him than working!

*He's 90 miles an hour, all the time! He's a busy, busy boy but I love it!

*Watching Landon with my hubby. It is the sweetest thing ever. Landon definitely looks up to his daddy and tries to be just like him. He wants to do everything daddy does. They are my whole world and I am blessed beyond measure with both of them.

*That smile and the dimple. My boy has one of the best smiles ever. He's a very handsome guy and gets cuter and cuter by the day.

*He's so smart! It takes one time to show him how to do something, and he knows how to do it from then on!

*He's brave! We've not really found anything that he's afraid of yet since he's come home. Thankfully, he loves rides, which is great news for Eric and I. He rode at the fair, and we're testing out our first amusement park this weekend.

*The mommy kisses and "I wuv eww's"








2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! I love being a boy mom, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a boy mama is so different like you say Heather! I wouldn't trade any of it for the world! I love it so much. Landon is the cutest little guy! So happy he found you two. Congrats on being a boy mama! :)

    ReplyDelete