us
Thursday, July 7, 2011
53 days.....
I cannot believe that we've had Landon for 53 days....I'm having another one of those emotional days. I was looking back through some blogs that I used to read before we started the adoption process and remembered how I sat here reading them and crying. I remembered wanting so badly to know our child and to be at least IN the process to bring our child home. I wanted to do SOMEthing. Anything. Instead of just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. A year ago at this time, we were planning a vacation to Disney in September. I prayed that it would be our last trip by ourselves. (We snuck one more trip in this past January too. Haha) Eric & I had agreed to submit our application to Holt to adopt once we came home from that vacation. I was an emotional mess for the next few weeks and finally I convinced Eric to let me submit the application in August. Two months after submitting that application, we saw our son. Landon's face was among the waiting children on Holt's website and we requested his file. I cannot believe that one year ago I sat here crying and hurting so badly wanting my child and now he's here. He's the most amazing little boy ever. He is an absolute dream come true and I love him more than I could ever love anyone. Over the last 7 weeks, I have fallen more and more in love with my husband everyday by watching him be a father. He is absolutely wonderful with Landon and I know that they love each other so much. I never imagined that my life could be as happy and as wonderful as it is at this moment. There really is no greater feeling than being a mother. God has blessed us much more than we deserve.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment