us

us

Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's Next.....

We've had a lot of people asking what's next, so I figured I'd try to explain the last steps of our adoption and an "approximate" timeline of what to expect. We will never have an exact date of when to expect to meet Landon until we receive our travel call and make travel arrangements.

We received our I-600a and I-600 approvals last week. The I-600a is a pre-approval of the I-600 and that was what our fingerprint clearances were for. The purpose of the I-600 is to classify an alien orphan who either is, or will be, adopted by a U.S. citizen as an immediate relative of the U.S. citizen to allow the child to enter the United States. After the I-600a/I-600 were approved, they were sent to the National Visa Center, where we were logged in on 3/7. We should already be logged out, but I'm calling tomorrow morning to make sure. Once we're logged out, our Packet 3 (P3) should be on the way to Korea.

Then we are waiting for Landon's Emigration Permit (EP) to be submitted by Holt Oregon to Holt Korea. The Emigration Permit is Korea's approval for Landon to leave the country. Once the EP is submitted, it's running approximately 4-6 weeks right now for them to be approved. Please pray for us that our EP is submitted really soon. Once the EP is approved in Korea, they will schedule a Visa Interview (VI) and Embassy Appearance (EA) for Landon, then we are probably looking at another approximate month for travel call. So if (IF) our EP is submitted this week or next, we could be looking at about 8-10 weeks until travel! Of course, this all depends on when we are submitted. We're getting closer and closer, so keep those prayers coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment