us

us

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Promise

This was a poem one of my sweet friends posted that I borrowed. It helps during the wait....

The Promise


I know I must wait for the Lord to unfold; 
My heart fills with fear for all that’s untold. 

Wanting so badly to walk in your will; My 
eyes see it clearly, yet I stand still. 

Listening so closely to hear your voice; Realizing in hearing, it demands a choice. 

Knowing you promise to lead with a plan; But wondering how on earth will I stand. 

Dying to self is what I hear your voice say; I cry out to you Lord, “Is that the way?” 

Your love tenderly whispers, “My daughter be bold; For my strength is sufficient, your heart shall never grow cold.”

“For my timing now is perfect, as so is my plan; All you have to do is let me take command.”

“Each door I will open, each key I will give; Through you, my child, My spirit wishes to live.”

“Go now with confidence for I will show you the road; I will shorten the length, I will carry the load."

“In all that you go through, you may be reviled; But shall walk out victoriously With the hand of a child!” 

Heather Beazley



1 comment: