This prayer has been going through my head all day, and I keep telling myself that God will work things out in HIS time, not mine. But it's still hard.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
I've had such a rough week. Some days are better than others. It seems like there's never a day that goes by that I don't hurt and actually ache inside for a family. I cry over anything and everything. I am so emotional. I've prayed so long and so hard for a family and sometimes I just wonder if it's ever going to happen. I have such a great husband for support. I am so thankful for him, but I'm sure he is probably tired of my blubbering.
I wish that money would just fall out of the sky in the exact amount we'll need to adopt. We're in the process of saving for at least the upfront costs right now, because the less we have to borrow, the better. If we can stick to my savings plan, I'm thinking we'll have enough for the application, homestudies, clearances, etc by August. In the meantime, I will keep praying that God will lead us down the right path and that we'll be that much closer to our family. Oh, and that he'll grant me those patience that I so desperately need.
No comments:
Post a Comment