us

us

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The First Day.......

Well, the moment that I have dreaded finally arrived. I did NOT want this moment to arrive this quickly. I have been dreading it since we first brought him home. And it's finally here. Time has passed so very quickly since he was placed in our arms. He's now a big pre-schooler. I know that he's in the best hands that I could ask for with his teacher. I am thrilled that he got our cousin for a teacher. She's someone I absolutely trust and I know that she will help him grow in amazing ways this year. It's just hard to let go and this makes it that much more final that he's starting to grow up on me. After a real good cry at home this morning, we were on our way. LOL! I cannot wait to talk to him after work today to see how he liked his first day. I'm sure he'll have LOTS to tell us. We held hands and said a prayer last night for him, his teachers, and fellow students. I am so thankful for this sweet boy. I pray that God watches over them all this year and that he grows and thrives in school and that it's something he'll love.
We read him a book last night, The Night Before Pre-school, which was super cute that his Uncle Ray and Aunt Jennifer got him.

Then he jumped down to do his exercises and said since he wouldn't be home today to do them, he'd better do them. Bless him. Haha!
Of course, he wanted a picture of him with his Star Wars backpack (another sign of growing up) with his light saber. :)

This morning I asked what breakfast he would like. He requested pancakes, strawberries, and a piece of bacon. :)

This morning at the drop off, he was soooo excited. I went in late today so that Eric and I both could take him. Once we got to the school, he barely could stand still for a couple of pictures. This was the best that I could get.





No comments:

Post a Comment