Well, it's January 1, 2014. A brand new year. Thankfully Eric and I are off work today and we were able to ring in the new year as a family last night. Although we only made it til 10 pm. :) My how things have changed! Before Landon we always stayed up well past the ball drop. We went out with friends, hung out at our house until all hours of the night playing cards, games, or at theirs. I love those memories, but it's just as awesome making new ones with our son now. I tried to make New Year's a little more fun for Landon this year than in the past since he understands it a little better now. We cooked dinner and ate, then spent the rest of the evening playing games, then cracking open some homemade poppers, then we had our own little balloon drop. Landon seemed to enjoy it, then he was ready to crash right after 10. So were his daddy & I. Looking forward to seeing what this new year brings for our family. Our first order of business is to clear out all of the processed/sugary/salty foods that we currently have at home. We've decided to eat clean from here on out. Weight has been an issue that I've had all of my life and I really want to make a good change. Rather than trying to do yet another fad diet, we're going to clear all of those things out and replace them with clean, natural foods. I hope it's a lifestyle change that we're able to do easily and can continue for our health as well as Landon's. Of course I already have a board on pinterest started for this very reason. :) Happy New Year! May you all be blessed in the coming year.
Our homemade poppers for New Years Eve
Our very own balloon drop
Playing Go Fish for the first time. And he takes it very seriously when you tell him to hide his cards so no one else sees them. :)
He got some candy and money in his poppers. Quarters and pennies to be exact. Perfect for the trip and his pressed penny collection. :)
Happy New Year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment