us

us

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Gospel at Work....

Some fellow adoptive mommas posted this video today and I absolutely love it. Of course, I cried my eyes out watching it too. Nothing quite like a great adoption video to get my emotions really going. There really are no words to desribe adoption and the feelings and emotions that you go through while you wait. No words to describe that very first moment that you see this child that is yours. This angel that God is placing in your care while on earth.  A child that you've only known through pictures and monthly updates. Adoption truly is an amazing gift from God. I am SO glad that God was there every single step of the way through out our adoption and that he didn't once let us waiver even after some of the things we faced throughout the wait. "At great cost, admidst constant questions, in the face of skepticism and prejudice. In response to the shaking of heads, and the silent murmuring of doubt. Despite endless questions and apathy from loved ones, the gospel broke through in all of it's majesty." God brought us through all of those things and more. I am so thankful every single day for this precious gift. I fail daily as a mother, a wife, and a human being. But, I am so thankful that God adopted me into his family.  The lady narrating the video could not be more right: "I was not, and am not worthy of his Grace. He has adopted me as his OWN. He has not abandoned me, but rather chosen me despite my failings. This is the hand of God at work. Adoption reflects the heart of God because it is against all odds that God calls us to gamble, and win. Regardless, because at the end of the wait, regardless of the outcome, regardless of the child, regardless of the cost, or the agony, or the heartbreak, or the peace, HE stands. His gospel is displayed and in response, we bow. In adoration in that we are His and that for one brief moment, we felt his heartbeat."

Here is the video:



 
And below is our blessing telling a short version of his story thus far:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment